Nahum 2:1-10 (ESV)
The Destruction of Nineveh
The scatterer has come up against you.
Man the ramparts;
watch the road;
dress for battle;
collect all your strength.
2 For the Lord is restoring the majesty of Jacob
as the majesty of Israel,
for plunderers have plundered them
and ruined their branches.
3 The shield of his mighty men is red;
his soldiers are clothed in scarlet.
The chariots come with flashing metal
on the day he musters them;
the cypress spears are brandished.
4 The chariots race madly through the streets;
they rush to and fro through the squares;
they gleam like torches;
they dart like lightning.
5 He remembers his officers;
they stumble as they go,
they hasten to the wall;
the siege tower[b] is set up.
6 The river gates are opened;
the palace melts away;
7 its mistress is stripped; she is carried off,
her slave girls lamenting,
moaning like doves
and beating their breasts.
8 Nineveh is like a pool
whose waters run away.
“Halt! Halt!” they cry,
but none turns back.
9 Plunder the silver,
plunder the gold!
There is no end of the treasure
or of the wealth of all precious things.
10 Desolate! Desolation and ruin!
Hearts melt and knees tremble;
anguish is in all loins;
all faces grow pale!
Sequence of Events
|Sequence of Events|
|MC welcomes members and recites opening prayer.|
|MC introduces worship leader, Javier Morris|
|Worship leader sings first three songs.|
|Worship Leader introduces Pastor Doug Lay|
|Pastor Lay delivers the message.|
|MC steps up and offers a communion prayer and announces communion.|
|MC requests offerings and delivers announcements while offering is collected.
1. Everyday Fellowship is supporting a number of missionary families. You can donate directly to their mission with a separate check or designated cash amount through Everyday Fellowship. The missions we support are listed on everydayfellowship.org
2. Ken Baehr distributes coats, hoodies, clothing, jeans and shoes to the homeless and people in shelters. If you have extra clothing or shoes, please give them to Ken or drop them by the tech booth. We need sizes "large" and bigger.
3. The men of Everyday Fellowship are invited to the a prayer meeting at 7:00pm at Ken & Sue Baehr's house, See everydayfellowship.org for more information and directions.
4. The women of Everyday Fellowship are invited to a Monday evening Bible Study titled "Art Inspired By His Words", hosted by Connie Cline. Start time is 6:30pm. See Connie Cline or Sue Baehr for directions
5. Prayer requests are listed in the bulletin. The cut-off for new requests is 5:00PM Wednesday evening. Please keep our folks in your prayers.
6. Announcements are posted on the Everyday Fellowship Facebook group and at EverydayFellowship.org. The worship song lyrics are also published on the website, along with the sermon notes for today's sermon.
After announcements, if collections are still being made, worship team plays background music.
|MC says closing prayer.|
|Worship Leader sings final worship song and dismisses congregation.|
|MC = Ken Baehr
WL = Javier Morris
Lyrics Display = Rick Knoop