The Parable of the Dishonest Manager
He also said to the disciples, “There was a rich man who had a manager, and charges were brought to him that this man was wasting his possessions. 2 And he called him and said to him, ‘What is this that I hear about you? Turn in the account of your management, for you can no longer be manager.’ 3 And the manager said to himself, ‘What shall I do, since my master is taking the management away from me? I am not strong enough to dig, and I am ashamed to beg. 4 I have decided what to do, so that when I am removed from management, people may receive me into their houses.’ 5 So, summoning his master’s debtors one by one, he said to the first, ‘How much do you owe my master?’ 6 He said, ‘A hundred measures of oil.’ He said to him, ‘Take your bill, and sit down quickly and write fifty.’ 7 Then he said to another, ‘And how much do you owe?’ He said, ‘A hundred measures of wheat.’ He said to him, ‘Take your bill, and write eighty.’ 8 The master commended the dishonest manager for his shrewdness. For the sons of this world are more shrewd in dealing with their own generation than the sons of light. 9 And I tell you, make friends for yourselves by means of unrighteous wealth, so that when it fails they may receive you into the eternal dwellings.
10 “One who is faithful in a very little is also faithful in much, and one who is dishonest in a very little is also dishonest in much. 11 If then you have not been faithful in the unrighteous wealth, who will entrust to you the true riches? 12 And if you have not been faithful in that which is another’s, who will give you that which is your own? 13 No servant can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.”
Sequence of Events
|Sequence of Events|
|MC welcomes members and recites opening prayer.|
|MC introduces worship leader, Javier Morris|
|Worship leader sings first three songs.|
|Worship Leader introduces Pastor Doug Lay.|
|Pastor Doug Lay delivers the sermon.|
|MC steps up and offers a communion prayer and announces communion.|
|MC requests offerings and delivers announcements while offering is collected.
1. Everyday Fellowship is supporting a number of missionary families. You can donate directly to their mission with a separate check or designated cash amount through Everyday Fellowship. Missions we financially support are now listed separately.
2. Ken Baehr distributes coats, hoodies, clothing, jeans and shoes to the homeless and people in shelters. If you have extra clothing or shoes, please give them to Ken or drop them by the tech booth. We need sizes "large" and bigger.
3. The men of Everyday Fellowship are invited to the a prayer meeting at 7:00pm at Ken & Sue Baehr's house, See everydayfellowship.org for directions.
4. The women of Everyday Fellowship are invited to a Monday evening Bible Study titled "Art Inspired By His Words", hosted by Connie Cline. Start time is 6:30pm. See Connie Cline or Sue Baehr for directions
5. Prayer requests and our offerings from prior weeks are listed in the bulletin. The cut-off for new requests is 5:00PM Wednesday evening. Please keep our folks in your prayers.
6. Announcements are posted on the Everyday Fellowship Facebook group and at EverydayFellowship.org.
After announcements, if collections are still being made, worship team plays background music.
|MC says closing prayer.|
|Worship Leader sings final worship song and dismisses congregation.|
|MC = emcee
WT = Javier Morris
Here I Am to Worship
All Creatures of Our God and King
He Will Hold Me Fast