The Rich Man and Lazarus
“There was a rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and who feasted sumptuously every day. 20 And at his gate was laid a poor man named Lazarus, covered with sores, 21 who desired to be fed with what fell from the rich man’s table. Moreover, even the dogs came and licked his sores. 22 The poor man died and was carried by the angels to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried, 23 and in Hades, being in torment, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham far off and Lazarus at his side. 24 And he called out, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus to dip the end of his finger in water and cool my tongue, for I am in anguish in this flame.’ 25 But Abraham said, ‘Child, remember that you in your lifetime received your good things, and Lazarus in like manner bad things; but now he is comforted here, and you are in anguish. 26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, in order that those who would pass from here to you may not be able, and none may cross from there to us.’ 27 And he said, ‘Then I beg you, father, to send him to my father’s house— 28 for I have five brothers—so that he may warn them, lest they also come into this place of torment.’ 29 But Abraham said, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them hear them.’ 30 And he said, ‘No, father Abraham, but if someone goes to them from the dead, they will repent.’ 31 He said to him, ‘If they do not hear Moses and the Prophets, neither will they be convinced if someone should rise from the dead.’”
Sequence of Events
|Sequence of Events|
|MC welcomes members and recites opening prayer.|
|MC introduces worship leader, Nathan Drake|
|Worship leader sings first three songs.|
|Worship Leader introduces Pastor Doug Lay.|
|Pastor Doug Lay delivers the sermon.|
|MC steps up and offers a communion prayer and announces communion.|
|MC requests offerings and delivers announcements while offering is collected.
1. Everyday Fellowship is supporting a number of missionary families. You can donate directly to their mission with a separate check or designated cash amount through Everyday Fellowship. The missions we support are listed on everydayfellowship.org
2. Ken Baehr distributes coats, hoodies, clothing, jeans and shoes to the homeless and people in shelters. If you have extra clothing or shoes, please give them to Ken or drop them by the tech booth. We need sizes "large" and bigger.
3. The men of Everyday Fellowship are invited to the a prayer meeting at 7:00pm at Ken & Sue Baehr's house, See everydayfellowship.org for more information and directions.
4. The women of Everyday Fellowship are invited to a Monday evening Bible Study titled "Art Inspired By His Words", hosted by Connie Cline. Start time is 6:30pm. See Connie Cline or Sue Baehr for directions
5. Prayer requests and our offerings from prior weeks are listed in the bulletin. The cut-off for new requests is 5:00PM Wednesday evening. Please keep our folks in your prayers.
6. Announcements are posted on the Everyday Fellowship Facebook group and at EverydayFellowship.org.
After announcements, if collections are still being made, worship team plays background music.
|MC says closing prayer.|
|Worship Leader sings final worship song and dismisses congregation.|
|MC = emcee
WT = Nathan Drake
- Come Thou Fount
- Blessed Be Your Name
- Be Thou My Vision