Note: the video is dark, it’s NOT your equipment.
The Coming of the Kingdom
20 Being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, he answered them, “The kingdom of God is not coming in ways that can be observed, 21 nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or ‘There!’ for behold, the kingdom of God is in the midst of you.”
22 And he said to the disciples, “The days are coming when you will desire to see one of the days of the Son of Man, and you will not see it. 23 And they will say to you, ‘Look, there!’ or ‘Look, here!’ Do not go out or follow them. 24 For as the lightning flashes and lights up the sky from one side to the other, so will the Son of Man be in his day. 25 But first he must suffer many things and be rejected by this generation. 26 Just as it was in the days of Noah, so will it be in the days of the Son of Man. 27 They were eating and drinking and marrying and being given in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all. 28 Likewise, just as it was in the days of Lot—they were eating and drinking, buying and selling, planting and building, 29 but on the day when Lot went out from Sodom, fire and sulfur rained from heaven and destroyed them all— 30 so will it be on the day when the Son of Man is revealed. 31 On that day, let the one who is on the housetop, with his goods in the house, not come down to take them away, and likewise let the one who is in the field not turn back. 32 Remember Lot’s wife. 33 Whoever seeks to preserve his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life will keep it. 34 I tell you, in that night there will be two in one bed. One will be taken and the other left. 35 There will be two women grinding together. One will be taken and the other left.” 37 And they said to him, “Where, Lord?” He said to them, “Where the corpse is, there the vultures will gather.”
The Parable of the Persistent Widow
18 And he told them a parable to the effect that they ought always to pray and not lose heart. 2 He said, “In a certain city there was a judge who neither feared God nor respected man. 3 And there was a widow in that city who kept coming to him and saying, ‘Give me justice against my adversary.’ 4 For a while he refused, but afterward he said to himself, ‘Though I neither fear God nor respect man, 5 yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will give her justice, so that she will not beat me down by her continual coming.’” 6 And the Lord said, “Hear what the unrighteous judge says. 7 And will not God give justice to his elect, who cry to him day and night? Will he delay long over them? 8 I tell you, he will give justice to them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on earth?”
Sequence of Events
|Sequence of Events|
|MC welcomes members and recites opening prayer.|
|MC introduces worship leader, Nathan Drake|
|Worship leader sings first three songs.|
|Worship Leader introduces Pastor Doug Lay.|
|Pastor Doug Lay delivers the sermon.|
|MC steps up and offers a communion prayer and announces communion.|
|MC requests offerings and delivers announcements while offering is collected.
1. Everyday Fellowship is supporting a number of missionary families. You can donate directly to their mission with a separate check or designated cash amount through Everyday Fellowship. The missions we support are listed on everydayfellowship.org
2. Ken Baehr distributes coats, hoodies, clothing, jeans and shoes to the homeless and people in shelters. If you have extra clothing or shoes, please give them to Ken or drop them by the tech booth. We need sizes "large" and bigger.
3. The men of Everyday Fellowship are invited to the a prayer meeting at 7:00pm at Ken & Sue Baehr's house, See everydayfellowship.org for more information and directions.
4. The women of Everyday Fellowship are invited to a Monday evening Bible Study titled "Art Inspired By His Words", hosted by Connie Cline. Start time is 6:30pm. See Connie Cline or Sue Baehr for directions
5. Prayer requests and our offerings from prior weeks are listed in the bulletin. The cut-off for new requests is 5:00PM Wednesday evening. Please keep our folks in your prayers.
6. Announcements are posted on the Everyday Fellowship Facebook group and at EverydayFellowship.org. The worship song lyrics are also published, along with the sermon notes for today's sermon.
After announcements, if collections are still being made, worship team plays background music.
|MC says closing prayer.|
|Worship Leader sings final worship song and dismisses congregation.|
|MC = emcee
WT = Nathan Drake
Open the Eyes of my Heart
Old Rugged Cross
How Great Thou Art