Ezra 9: (ESV) After these things had been done, the officials approached me and said, “The people of Israel and the priests and the Levites have not separated themselves from the peoples of the lands with their abominations, from the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Jebusites, the Ammonites, the Moabites, the Egyptians, and the Amorites. 2 For they have taken some of their daughters to be wives for themselves and for their sons, so that the holy race[a] has mixed itself with the peoples of the lands. And in this faithlessness the hand of the officials and chief men has been foremost.” 3 As soon as I heard this, I tore my garment and my cloak and pulled hair from my head and beard and sat appalled. 4 Then all who trembled at the words of the God of Israel, because of the faithlessness of the returned exiles, gathered around me while I sat appalled until the evening sacrifice. 5 And at the evening sacrifice I rose from my fasting, with my garment and my cloak torn, and fell upon my knees and spread out my hands to the Lord my God, 6 saying:
“O my God, I am ashamed and blush to lift my face to you, my God, for our iniquities have risen higher than our heads, and our guilt has mounted up to the heavens. 7 From the days of our fathers to this day we have been in great guilt. And for our iniquities we, our kings, and our priests have been given into the hand of the kings of the lands, to the sword, to captivity, to plundering, and to utter shame, as it is today. 8 But now for a brief moment favor has been shown by the Lord our God, to leave us a remnant and to give us a secure hold[b] within his holy place, that our God may brighten our eyes and grant us a little reviving in our slavery. 9 For we are slaves. Yet our God has not forsaken us in our slavery, but has extended to us his steadfast love before the kings of Persia, to grant us some reviving to set up the house of our God, to repair its ruins, and to give us protection[c] in Judea and Jerusalem.
Sequence of Events
|Tamy Powell Lay welcomes members and recites opening prayer.|
|Tamy introduces worship leader, Nathan Drake.|
|Worship team sings first 3 songs.|
|Worship team invites Professor Doug Lay to give the sermon.|
|Professor Lay delivers the sermon.|
|Tom Gordon steps up and offers a communion prayer and announces communion.|
|Tom Gordon requests offerings and delivers announcements while offering is collected.|
1. Pastor Pleasant and New Life Christian Church host a Wednesday prayer meeting from 12:00pm to 1:00pm every week. Everyone is invited.
2. The men of Everyday Fellowship are invited to a Monday night prayer meeting at 7:00pm at Ken & Sue Baehr's house, 2787 Westminster, Florissant, 63033.
3. The women of Everyday Fellowship are invited to a Tuesday evening Bible Study titled "Art Inspired By His Words", hosted by Sue Baehr. Start time is 6:30pm. It is at Sue's home, 2787 Westminster, Florissant, MO 63033.
5. Announcements are posted on the Facebook Everyday Fellowship group and at EverydayFellowship.org.
6. The sermons are recorded and usually available by Sunday afternoon.
7. Contact forms can be put them in the offering buckets.
After announcements, if collections are still being made, worship team plays background music.
|Tom Gordon says closing prayer and dismisses congregation.|
|MC = Tamy Powell Lay, Tom Gordon|
WT = Nathan Drake
Mighty to Save
Jesus Paid It All
The Wondrous Cross