This sermon covers the Birth of Christ from the Book of Mark.
Mark 1 (NIV)
John the Baptist Prepares the Way
4 And so John the Baptist appeared in the wilderness, preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins. 5 The whole Judean countryside and all the people of Jerusalem went out to him. Confessing their sins, they were baptized by him in the Jordan River. 6 John wore clothing made of camel’s hair, with a leather belt around his waist, and he ate locusts and wild honey. 7 And this was his message: “After me comes the one more powerful than I, the straps of whose sandals I am not worthy to stoop down and untie. 8 I baptize you with[e] water, but he will baptize you with[f] the Holy Spirit.”
Future Sermon Topics
Dec 19: Birth of Christ from Luke
Dec 26: Birth of Christ from John
Sequence of Events
|MC welcomes members and recites opening prayer.|
|MC introduces worship leader, Nathan Drake.|
|Worship team sings first 3 songs.|
|Worship team invites Professor Doug Lay to give the sermon.|
|Professor Lay delivers the sermon.|
|MC steps up and offers a communion prayer and announces communion.|
|MC requests offerings and delivers announcements while offering is collected.|
1. Pastor Pleasant and New Life Christian Church host a Wednesday prayer meeting from 12:00pm to 1:00pm every week. Everyone is invited.
2. The men of Everyday Fellowship are invited to a Monday night prayer meeting at 7:00pm at Ken & Sue Baehr's house, 2787 Westminster, Florissant, 63033.
3. The women of Everyday Fellowship are invited to a Tuesday evening Bible Study titled "Art Inspired By His Words", hosted by Sue Baehr. Start time is 6:30pm. It is at Sue's home, 2787 Westminster, Florissant, MO 63033.
5. Announcements are posted on the Facebook Everyday Fellowship group and at EverydayFellowship.org.
6. The sermons are recorded and usually available by Sunday afternoon.
7. Contact forms can be put them in the offering buckets.
After announcements, if collections are still being made, worship team plays background music.
|MC says closing prayer and dismisses congregation.|
|MC = Joy Taylor, Aimee Crowe|
WT = Nathan Drake
Come, Thou long expected Jesus
Angels we have heard on high
How deep the Father’s love
The First Noel