The Parable of the Rich Fool
13 Someone in the crowd said to him, “Teacher, tell my brother to divide the inheritance with me.”
14 Jesus replied, “Man, who appointed me a judge or an arbiter between you?” 15 Then he said to them, “Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; life does not consist in an abundance of possessions.”
16 And he told them this parable: “The ground of a certain rich man yielded an abundant harvest. 17 He thought to himself, ‘What shall I do? I have no place to store my crops.’
18 “Then he said, ‘This is what I’ll do. I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store my surplus grain. 19 And I’ll say to myself, “You have plenty of grain laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry.”’
20 “But God said to him, ‘You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?’
Sequence of Events
|MC welcomes members and recites opening prayer.|
|MC introduces worship leader, Javier Morris|
|Worship team sings first three songs.|
|Worship Leader introduces Doug Lay.|
|Doug Lay delivers the sermon.|
|MC steps up and offers a communion prayer and announces communion.
|MC requests offerings and delivers announcements while offering is collected.
2. Church Picnic, July 3, 1:00 PM, at Gene and Sarah Austin's. Their address and phone numbers are in the bulletin. They will provide the meat, you bring a side dish.
3. Everyday Fellowship is supporting a number of missionary families. You can donate directly to their mission with a separate check or designated cash amount through Everyday Fellowship.
4. Ken Baehr distributes coats, hoodies, clothing, jeans and shoes to the homeless and people in shelters. If you have extra clothing or shoes, please give them to Ken or drop them by the tech booth. We need sizes "large" and bigger.
5. The men of Everyday Fellowship are invited to the meeting at 7:00pm at Ken & Sue Baehr's house, See everydayfellowship.org for directions.
6. The women of Everyday Fellowship are invited to a Monday evening Bible Study titled "Art Inspired By His Words", hosted by Connie Cline. Start time is 6:30pm. See Connie Cline for directions
7. Prayer requests and our offerings from prior weeks are listed in the bulletin. Please keep our folks in your prayers.
8. Announcements are posted on the Everyday Fellowship Facebook group and at EverydayFellowship.org.
After announcements, if collections are still being made, worship team plays background music.
|MC says closing prayer.|
|Worship Leader sings final worship song and dismisses congregation.|
|MC = emcee
WT =Javier Morris
Friend Of God
Let The River Flow
Open The Eyes Of My Heart