The Cost of Discipleship
25 Now great crowds accompanied him, and he turned and said to them, 26 (X)“If anyone comes to me and (Y)does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, (Z)yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple. 27 (AA)Whoever does not (AB)bear his own cross and come after me cannot be my disciple. 28 For which of you, desiring to build a tower, does not (AC)first sit down and count the cost, whether he has enough to complete it? 29 Otherwise, when he has laid a foundation and is not able to finish, all who see it begin to mock him, 30 saying, ‘This man began to build and was not able to finish.’ 31 Or what king, going out to encounter another king in war, will not (AD)sit down first and deliberate whether he is able with ten thousand to meet him who comes against him with twenty thousand? 32 And if not, while the other is yet a great way off, he sends a delegation and asks for terms of peace. 33 (AE)So therefore, any one of you who (AF)does not renounce all that he has cannot be my disciple.
Sermon NotesSermon Notes 8-13-16
Sequence of Events
|MC welcomes members and recites opening prayer.|
|MC introduces worship leader, Javier Morris.|
|Worship team sings first three songs.|
|Worship Leader introduces Doug Lay.|
|Doug Lay delivers the sermon.|
|MC steps up and offers a communion prayer and announces communion.
|MC requests offerings and delivers announcements while offering is collected.
1. Pastor Pleasant and Lady Pleasant have invited Professor Lay to speak, and our congregation to worship with New Life Christian Church on August 21, 2016, 10:30AM. We've accepted the invitation and strongly encourage everyone to attend the August 21, 10:30AM service. Our normal Saturday service on 8/20 will be cancelled.
2. Everyday Fellowship is supporting a number of missionary families. You can donate directly to their mission with a separate check or designated cash amount through Everyday Fellowship. Mission we financially support are now listed separately.
3. Ken Baehr distributes coats, hoodies, clothing, jeans and shoes to the homeless and people in shelters. If you have extra clothing or shoes, please give them to Ken or drop them by the tech booth. We need sizes "large" and bigger.
4. The men of Everyday Fellowship are invited to the meeting at 7:00pm at Ken & Sue Baehr's house, See everydayfellowship.org for directions.
5. The women of Everyday Fellowship are invited to a Monday evening Bible Study titled "Art Inspired By His Words", hosted by Connie Cline. Start time is 6:30pm. See Connie Cline for directions
6. Prayer requests and our offerings from prior weeks are listed in the bulletin. Please keep our folks in your prayers.
7. Announcements are posted on the Everyday Fellowship Facebook group and at EverydayFellowship.org.
8. Offering totals have been moved to our NEW Facebook group "Everyday Fellowship Members". The change is being made so that our financial information less visible to the public, while making it accessible to our members.
After announcements, if collections are still being made, worship team plays background music.
|MC says closing prayer.|
|Worship Leader sings final worship song and dismisses congregation.|
|MC = emcee
WT = Javier Morris