The Narrow Door
22 He went on his way through towns and villages, teaching and journeying toward Jerusalem. 23 And someone said to him, “Lord, will those who are saved be few?” And he said to them, 24 “Strive to enter through the narrow door. For many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able. 25 When once the master of the house has risen and shut the door, and you begin to stand outside and to knock at the door, saying, ‘Lord, open to us,’ then he will answer you, ‘I do not know where you come from.’ 26 Then you will begin to say, ‘We ate and drank in your presence, and you taught in our streets.’ 27 But he will say, ‘I tell you, I do not know where you come from. Depart from me, all you workers of evil!’ 28 In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God but you yourselves cast out. 29 And people will come from east and west, and from north and south, and recline at table in the kingdom of God. 30 And behold, some are last who will be first, and some are first who will be last.”
Sequence of Events
|MC welcomes members and recites opening prayer.|
|MC introduces worship leader, Nathan Drake|
|Worship team sings first three songs.|
|Worship Leader introduces Doug Lay.|
|Doug Lay delivers the sermon.|
|MC steps up and offers a communion prayer and announces communion.
|MC requests offerings and delivers announcements while offering is collected.
1. Pastor Pleasant and the elders at New Life Christian Church have given us the ability to open and close the church on our own. Their deacons will no longer be present. This means we need to monitor the foyer and insure the building is locked when we leave. If you see anything out of place, please let us know. Security is now our responsibility.
2. Pastor Pleasant and Lady Pleasant have invited Professor Lay to speak, and our congregation to worship with New Life Christian Church on August 21, 2016, 10:30AM. We've accepted the invitation and strongly encourage everyone to attend the August 21, 10:30AM service. Our normal Saturday service on 8/20 will be cancelled.
3. Everyday Fellowship is supporting a number of missionary families. You can donate directly to their mission with a separate check or designated cash amount through Everyday Fellowship. Mission we financially support are now listed separately.
4. Ken Baehr distributes coats, hoodies, clothing, jeans and shoes to the homeless and people in shelters. If you have extra clothing or shoes, please give them to Ken or drop them by the tech booth. We need sizes "large" and bigger.
5. The men of Everyday Fellowship are invited to the meeting at 7:00pm at Ken & Sue Baehr's house, See everydayfellowship.org for directions.
6. The women of Everyday Fellowship are invited to a Monday evening Bible Study titled "Art Inspired By His Words", hosted by Connie Cline. Start time is 6:30pm. See Connie Cline for directions
7. Prayer requests and our offerings from prior weeks are listed in the bulletin. Please keep our folks in your prayers.
8. Announcements are posted on the Everyday Fellowship Facebook group and at EverydayFellowship.org.
9. Offering totals have been moved to our NEW Facebook group "Everyday Fellowship Members". The change is being made so that our financial information less visible to the public, while making it accessible to our members.
After announcements, if collections are still being made, worship team plays background music.
|MC says closing prayer.|
|Worship Leader sings final worship song and dismisses congregation.|
|MC = emcee
WT = Nathan Drake
HOLY HOLY HOLY
SCANDAL OF GRACE
IN CHRIST ALONE